Tuesday, August 18, 2009

300 Reviews & Counting



Yes my readers, somehow, I've made it to 300 reviews on this blog, in a little over a year. First of all I must apologize for recently reviewing so many modern titles; "Irene in Time" (2009), "Ponyo" (2009), "Paris 36" (2009) and "Two Lovers" (2009). As readers know, it was never my intention to review so many modern films in a row. One once in a while, sure, but not so many in a consecutive order. So I must apologize. I will keep my eye on it.

Well I must say this blog is about 80% where I want it. It is in much better shape than it was at the 200 reviews mark. Since that time I have managed to review the works of many great directors and celebrated stars. There have been reviews for Akira Kurosawa, Yasijuro Ozu, John Cassavetes, Rene Clair, Federico Fellini, Andrei Tarkovsky and movie stars such as Louis Brooks, Greta Garbo, Chaplin, Harry Langdon and Laurel & Hardy.

Yes this blog has come a long way in trying to inform my readers of the great works of the past. The great films and stars you may have missed out on. But there is still work to be done. Going over these past 300 reviews I've noticed there haven't been any reviews for Fritz Lang, David Lean, Robert Altman or Stanley Kubrick. I haven't discussed stars like Mary Pickford or Rudolph Valentino. I can promise you within the next 100 reviews you will see these directors and stars written about.

And I think it is important that these things be discussed. As this blog has progressed I've assumed that I reach a younger audience of film fans. Most of the people who have contacted me, seem to be younger. What that said, this helps me chose titles to write about (so you know, I don't review everything I've seen) and how I write it. I feel there is a rich history out there younger audiences are not tapping into. There are wonderful films that are forgotten that don't deserve to be. Great works which aren't being explored. It is my hope that I can introduce people to these films. Imagine how many movies someone would have seen if they viewed everything movie I've written about and have name dropped in my reviews.

Hopefully this blog has introduced people to new titles and they've found this blog helpful. I thank everyone that reads this blog on a regular basis and hope you will enjoy what I have in store for you in the future.